Webmaster verification- must need for a websiteJanuary 9, 2013
In recent times, the concept of webmaster has broadened. With expansion of the horizon, a webmasters job is not anymore limited to technical jobs related to a website, but applying SEO techniques as well to take of marketing, advertising etc. Many companies these days offer web development i.e. web site designing and content, along with marketing services, mostly SEO.
Google has taken a great initiative to help webmasters around the world. It has come out with a facility that is a no-charge web service known as Webmaster tools. Webmasters can check out the status of indexing and the visibility of their websites after optimization.
Webmaster tools allow webmasters to perform a list of tasks-
Submission and checking of a sitemap
fixing the crawl rate, and understanding how Googlebot works while accessing a site
Creating a robots.txt file. It allows finding about pages that are somehow blocked in robots.txt.
Listing of internal and external pages linked to the web site.
Find out about the keyword searches that helped the site to be listed in the Search Engine Result Pages, and also know about the rates of such listings.
Learn about the process of the indexing of the site at Google. Know whether any errors were found while doing it.
Put a preferred domain name. This helps to decide how the site URL will be shown in the Search Engine Result Pages
These tools are important for the process of webmaster verification. One can verify a website by using Webmaster tools through two processes. One is with the help of Meta tags and the other is by creating a blank HTML file. Google provides a Meta tag. You have to put that in the index file before the tag. Nothing more is required to verify. This process is used by most webmasters for being simple. In the other process, you will have to collect a name from Google and create a HTML file in your sites root directory. You can leave it blank as only the location and name is required. Once the verification is complete, Google will regularly check on that file or the tag. If they are not in place, the verification will be cancelled.
- Read 2,013 views times
- Leave a comment
- 6 Advantages of Choosing PHP over Other Languages The technology world provides a large number of scripting languages to developers to build applications and websites like ASP, CGI, Perl and PHP. Among all of them, PHP is a ...
- Web Development Vs. Website Designing Many people take the two terms similar but the truth is that they are totally different from each other. They are associated but the work goes under web development and ...
- Tried & Tested Facebook Marketing Tips Facebook is one of the topmost social media marketing platforms for all kinds of legal businesses. No matter what is your profession, it gives you platform to advertise your business ...
- Could a Non-Professional Design a Logo? Do you think you can design a logo like a professional does? A logo represents image of a company. It tells the speciality of an organization. There are many important ...
- 9 Easy, Quick & Safe SEO Tricks Want to get more visitors or first rank for the focused keyword? Now, it is the time to use easier, quicker and safer secrets that attract the search engine. Number ...
- Google Adwords
- Google Penguin
- Graphic design
- HTML 5
- Logo Design
- Online Marketing
- Open Cart
- Responsive Web Design
- Social Networking
- Web Design
- Web Development
- Web Traffic
- Website Promotion
- Website Redesign
- Zen cart