Webmaster verification- must need for a websiteJanuary 9, 2013
In recent times, the concept of webmaster has broadened. With expansion of the horizon, a webmasters job is not anymore limited to technical jobs related to a website, but applying SEO techniques as well to take of marketing, advertising etc. Many companies these days offer web development i.e. web site designing and content, along with marketing services, mostly SEO.
Google has taken a great initiative to help webmasters around the world. It has come out with a facility that is a no-charge web service known as Webmaster tools. Webmasters can check out the status of indexing and the visibility of their websites after optimization.
Webmaster tools allow webmasters to perform a list of tasks-
Submission and checking of a sitemap
fixing the crawl rate, and understanding how Googlebot works while accessing a site
Creating a robots.txt file. It allows finding about pages that are somehow blocked in robots.txt.
Listing of internal and external pages linked to the web site.
Find out about the keyword searches that helped the site to be listed in the Search Engine Result Pages, and also know about the rates of such listings.
Learn about the process of the indexing of the site at Google. Know whether any errors were found while doing it.
Put a preferred domain name. This helps to decide how the site URL will be shown in the Search Engine Result Pages
These tools are important for the process of webmaster verification. One can verify a website by using Webmaster tools through two processes. One is with the help of Meta tags and the other is by creating a blank HTML file. Google provides a Meta tag. You have to put that in the index file before the tag. Nothing more is required to verify. This process is used by most webmasters for being simple. In the other process, you will have to collect a name from Google and create a HTML file in your sites root directory. You can leave it blank as only the location and name is required. Once the verification is complete, Google will regularly check on that file or the tag. If they are not in place, the verification will be cancelled.
- Read 1,977 views times
- Leave a comment
- How Logo Creativity Makes Your Brand Popular Promoting your business on a digital platform is the famous thing nowadays. When starting a new business, everybody thinks about the logo design and branding. And why do people do...
- Top 9 Tips to Make Effective Brochures and Sell More Do you want to explore your business or increase your sell? - If yes, then, you are at the right place. Do you need professional brochure designers to design your brands or...
- 10 Greatest Approaches to Boost Your Ecommerce Website in 2016 We all are aware that ranking is the most important thing in Google Search result. But if we are not aware of the tricks, then it’s difficult to achieve success....
- 8 SEO Mistakes Always Need To Avoid Do you have bad design of website? If yes, then it is destroying your SEO efforts. Optimize your website to get good traffic or visitors, bad designs will lead you...
- Could a Non-Professional Design a Logo? Do you think you can design a logo like a professional does? A logo represents image of a company. It tells the speciality of an organization. There are many important...